Every McDonald's in Peru was closed for two days of mourning, after two young employees were electrocuted at a branch in the capital, Lima.
Alexandra Porras Inga, 19, and Gabriel Campos Zapata, 18, reportedly died on a night shift while cleaning the kitchen.
The New York Times reports they were killed by a loose cable on Sunday 15th December.
Police said Ms Porras Inga suffered an electric shock from a drinks machine, and Mr Campos Zapata was electrocuted when he tried to help her.
Emergency services found both teenagers dead at the McDonald's branch in the Pueblo Libre area of Lima. Peru's public prosecutor's office has opened an investigation.